INVOLVEMENT + SUPPORT
St. Bernadette Catholic School is blessed by the involvement of, and support from our parents, our parish, and our community.
- Emmaus Road Scholarship - In Ohio, a state law was passed in 2021 that allows a tax credit for money donated to a qualified scholarship granting organization. In our Diocese that is the Emmaus Road Scholarship. Dollar-for-dollar tax credits (not deductions) on Ohio Income Tax liability -up to $750.00 if filing single or $1500.00 if filing jointly, can be earned by making these donations to the scholarship fund. Those dollars can be credited to St. Bernadette Catholic School. In turn, we can use those monies to help keep Catholic education affordable to our school families.
- Mardi Gras – this annual fundraiser generates money to cover school costs. It is (typically) held on the Friday evening before Ash Wednesday. Join us for an adult evening of food, music, and silent & live auctions.
- Donations - St. Bernadette Catholic School welcomes monetary donations to off-set operating expenses and donations for tuition assistance. Checks or money orders may be sent to St. Bernadette School, 1325 Wheeling Road, Lancaster, Ohio 43140.
Volunteer opportunities at St. Bernadette School include, but are not limited to...
- Cafeteria Volunteers help serve lunch to our students and clean up afterwards. The time commitment is from 10:50 to 11:50am any school day.
- Classroom Volunteers assist the teachers or students in the classroom. You may help the by making copies, organizing papers, or displaying art projects. Your interaction with students may include helping them stay on task or listening to them read. The time and day would vary depending on the classroom needs and volunteer availability.
- Playground Volunteers are an extra “set of eyes” during lunch recess. The time commitment is 11:30-11:50am, any day that school is in session.
- Other opportunities are available through the Home & School Association. This parent group helps us with fundraising and other educational activities, such as Mardi Gras, Fall Harvest Celebration, flower sale fundraisers, STEM experiences, assembling holiday treat bags, and much more.
Please call the school office, 740-654-3137 for more information about becoming a cleared volunteer.