Map + Location
© 2018 Saint Bernadette Catholic School
website by: Web Chick
WEEKLY NEWS: Announcements for the Week of April 23rd
LITURGIES AND SERVICE:
Students will attend morning Mass at 8:20 on Wednesdays or First Fridays.
Devotional Thursday 4/26 at 1:50pm. Mrs. Loy and the second grade students will lead a devotional focusing on the things they have learned as they prepared for First Eucharist. All are welcome!
NEXT WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Group picture “Re-Do”
New kindergartners’ screening
“Eucharist” devotional led by Gr. 2, 1:50pm
Arbor Day Assembly 9:30am- all are welcome!!
Picture Day OOPS!! Lifetouch studios contacted us to say that the files from our group pictures were corrupt and cannot be printed. So, pictures will be re-taken on Wednesday, April 25th. Students will be reminded to wear school-Mass dress code. (girls- jumpers, boys- long pants and uniform dress shirts)
Kindergarten Health Screenings, for next year’s kindergarten students, will take place at St. Bernadette on Wednesday, April 25
Arbor Day Celebration will be held Friday, April 27 at 9:30AM. The program will feature guest speakers, a lively game of “Jeopardy”, and the planting of our first graders’ tree. All are welcome.
Appropriate shorts and warm weather reminder - please remember that shorts must not be shorter than extended fingertips! This includes uniform shorts AND out-of-uniform apparel. Out of uniform tops and shirts must be as modest as uniform tops. (no tank tops, crop tops, spaghetti straps, etc)
Congratulations to our second grade students who will receive First Communion on Sunday, 4/22, at the 11am Mass!
SPRING PROGRAM INFO FOR GRADES K, 2 AND 3:
• Our Spring Program will be held Thursday May 3rd at 7pm and will feature grades K , 2, and 3. (Dress rehearsal at 1pm)
• ALL 3 classes will need to wear the following for both the afternoon and evening performances:
- Blue jeans (or navy blue) long pants, shorts, capris, skorts or skirts. If you don’t have blue jeans, the solid navy blue uniform pants/shorts will be fine.
- Shirts/tops will need to be bright colors. They may be striped, floral, plaid, prints or solid colors- the more colorful the better! No tank tops, sleeveless tops, or shirts with logos or advertisement.
- Girls may wear casual dresses or skirts but they need to be worn with leggings. Hair bows, hair bands, etc are fine. … again, the more colorful, the better.
- No sandals, clogs or slip-on shoes, as the children will be going up/down the stairs and risers.
- Program clothing will need to be brought to school by Friday, April 27th.
- Any questions, please call Mrs. Ailes (740-503-6110)
School Closet Uniform Company will offer a sale of St. Bernadette items at St. Mary, Lancaster on May 22nd from 5-7:30pm. St. Bernadette apparel will be available for immediate purchase at 25% off. (see attached coupon)
• Kids in College - is offered at OU-L June 11-29, and is open to students entering grades 4-9 in the Fall. Registration forms are available at the literature rack.
Due to the recent events across our country, we find ourselves operating at a “more alert” level or status. All of us at St. Bernadette School want to have the safest environment possible for our students, teachers, and parents.
It is not my intention to cause more stress than we need or to unnecessarily alarm you. The safety of St. Bernadette School has never been in question. This morning, we had a visit from a sheriff’s deputy. The Fairfield County Sherriff’s Department wanted to be present in our community schools. Being unsure of our start time, our visit happened a little later in the morning. The deputy toured our school and offered assurances and informational resources to keep us informed of best practices in being prepared for any type of emergency.
Also, we had an additional guest in our building. He is the godfather of one of our preschool students, and is also an officer in the Carroll Police Department. He accompanied our students to lunch and to the playground.
As always, we will strive to be as cautious as possible and to make our school the safest it can be - every day.
February 23, 2018