Map + Location
© 2017 Saint Bernadette Catholic School
website by: WebChick.com
WEEKLY NEWS: Announcements for the weeks of November 20th & 27th, 2017
LITURGIES AND SERVICE:
Students will attend morning Mass weekly at 8:20AM, on either Wednesdays or First Fridays.
Fourth grade will lead a Thanksgiving Devotional on Thursday, 11/30 at 1:50. All are welcome!
Many thanks to everyone who made our Veterans Day celebrations successful. We hosted 48 Veterans and more than 50 other guests at our Patriotic Assembly on Nov. 10. We will donate almost 700 packages of food, hygiene and entertainment times to the Blue Star Mothers, who will assemble Christmas boxes for our servicemen and women.
NEXT WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Tuesday, November 21
OSU vs Michigan OOU Day
Wednesday, November 22
Thursday, November 23
Friday, November 24
Monday, November 27
Book Fair - all week
Wednesday, November 29
IN-SCHOOL “Wild West” Book Fair STEM; Western/pioneer wear OOU day
Thursday, November 30
Picture Retakes 8-9am
Thanksgiving Devotional 1:50pm
Friday, December 1
Morning Mass 8:20
No School Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Nov. 22, 23, and 24 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you, Bee-Bakers! Many thanks to all the parents who carried in dinner for the teachers during our conference night. Everything was delicious! We appreciate your kindness and generosity.
OSU vs. Michigan out-of-uniform day Tuesday, Nov. 21. Students may dress out of uniform, in their team colors!
Our “Wild West” Book Fair STEM experience will take place DURING SCHOOL on Thursday, 11/29. All classes will participate. All students are permitted to dress out of uniform in western or pioneer wear. We still need a few full or queen bed sheets, and spring clothes pins.
Picture Retake Day is Thursday, November 30 from 8-9:00AM. If you missed picture day or would like more photos, order forms are available in the school office. If you are not satisfied with your child’s photos, return the complete package to the photographer and a new package will be ordered. The photographer will only be here from 8AM-9:00AM; so if your child is in the afternoon preschool class, please bring him/her to school for pictures on Thursday morning (11/30). Students being photographed may dress up, out of uniform.
• Our Christmas Program this year will feature grades 1, 4 and 5. The date is Thursday, Dec. 7, with dress rehearsal at 12:30 and the performance at 7pm.
• 1st grade will wear their class tee shirts for both performances.
• 4th and 5th grades will wear red/green Christmas colored tops, shirts, sweaters. No advertising, logos, etc, please. Christmas trees, Santa, etc are fine.
• All three classes will wear long blue jeans, or navy blue uniform pants. All students will need sunglasses. Shoes should be secure as we will be using the stairs.
• Please bring all shirts to your classroom teacher by Friday, Dec. 1st.
• Support Fisher Catholic’s Spring production of “Guys and Dolls” at a dine-to-donate on Wednesday, 11/29, from 4 - 8 pm at Chipotle on Memorial Drive. You can simply mention Fisher Catholic when you order and we will receive 50% of your food costs! Thank you for supporting the arts at Fisher! If you need more information or tickets, or to become a Patron of the Arts, please contact Mary Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Turkey Day 5K 2017- sponsored by Fairfield Medical Center Foundation on Thursday, Nov. 23 at 8:30am. The school with the highest percentage of student participation will receive $250. More information is available at the literature rack or online at http://bit.ly/FMCTurkey5K.
• Breakfast with Santa- at St. Mark Church, Saturday, Dec. 2. First seating: 8:30-10. Second seating 10:30-noon. $5 per person in advance, $6 at the door. For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/events/874572042721322/ or call Sandy Klausing 740-653-2417.
• Lancaster Parks and Recreation Spring Soccer registration forms are available in the literature rack. Deadline to register is Jan. 26, 2018.
Please join me in congratulating our kindergarten teacher, Mrs.Sharon Elder, on a recent educators’ honor. On Thursday, November 16th, Mrs. Elder was inducted into the Logan Ohio Educators Hall of Fame.
Mrs. Elder was employed in 29 teaching and/or administrative positions in the Logan-Hocking School District, before becoming principal at St. John Catholic School in Logan.
Her introduction last week described her as hard working, unselfish, dedicated, and a “behind the scenes person who never sought praise or glory.”
As our new kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Elder brings that dedication and experience to our staff and community. She is an asset to our school, and we proudly acknowledge her honor.