Map + Location
© 2018 Saint Bernadette Catholic School
website by: Web Chick
WEEKLY NEWS: Announcements for the Week of December 17
Students in grades K-5 will attend morning Mass together on Fridays at 8:20AM; and will attend Benediction at 1pm on Wednesdays. All are welcome!
Sandwich Saturday News- our staff donated 160 sandwiches, along with bananas and nutty bars, to Foundation Dinners.
Advent candle lighting and paraliturgies will be celebrated on:
• Week 3 - Monday, Dec. 17 at 10:30- led by Grades 3 and 2
• Las Posadas & Advent Devotional - Friday, Dec. 21 at 9:30am.
NEXT WEEK AT A GLANCE:
FCHS band and choir
Kids’ Night In- Parents’ Night Out 5-9pm
Advent para-liturgy 10:30
Last day before Break; see details below
BAND AND CHOIR:
We are pleased to welcome Fisher Catholic’s band and choir TOMORROW, Friday, 12/14 at noon, for a preview of their Christmas concert.
LAST DAY BEFORE BREAK:
Last Day before Christmas is Friday, December 21st . Below are the details….
• 12:30pm Early Dismissal
• Christmas out-of-uniform day for all students. Students may wear Christmas colors or Christmas shirts with blue jeans or blue uniform pants. Remember all attire must be Church-appropriate, as we will be attending morning Mass.
• No Lunch or cafeteria service
• No PM Preschool
• No PM-EDP
• No bus service.
• Our schedule for the day:
- 8:20 - Morning Mass
- 9:30- Las Pasadas and Advent Devotional in the church
- 10:30-11:15 - Classroom Advent Parties (Brunch)
- 11:15-11:35 - Recess
- 11:45-12:30 - Please join us for Caroling in the parish hall. Dismissal from the gym.
- 12:30 EARLY DISMISSAL- NO bus service. NO PM-EDP
• School resumes in the New Year on Monday, Jan. 7
“Sing Christmas”- presented by the St. Mark Choir and Orchestra, will be held Sunday, Dec. 16 at 7pm, at St. Mark Church. Free admission, followed by a reception.
Due to the recent events across our country, we find ourselves operating at a “more alert” level or status. All of us at St. Bernadette School want to have the safest environment possible for our students, teachers, and parents.
It is not my intention to cause more stress than we need or to unnecessarily alarm you. The safety of St. Bernadette School has never been in question. This morning, we had a visit from a sheriff’s deputy. The Fairfield County Sherriff’s Department wanted to be present in our community schools. Being unsure of our start time, our visit happened a little later in the morning. The deputy toured our school and offered assurances and informational resources to keep us informed of best practices in being prepared for any type of emergency.
Also, we had an additional guest in our building. He is the godfather of one of our preschool students, and is also an officer in the Carroll Police Department. He accompanied our students to lunch and to the playground.
As always, we will strive to be as cautious as possible and to make our school the safest it can be - every day.
February 23, 2018