SCRIP SCOOP NEWS:
Summer Scrip: You can earn Scrip rebates all summer long! How?
- Easy method: For physical cards (e.g., Kroger, Circle K, Tim Horton's, Marathon, Irelands, etc.), call/text Amy, place your order, and make arrangements to drop off payment and pick up gift cards at school.
- Easier method: Place order online via https://www.raiseright.com/ or the RaiseRight app. Choose either pay by check/cash to coordinator or debit from bank account. Make arrangements with Amy for payment and pick up.
- Easiest method: Order eCards and reloads on the RaiseRight app and pay with either your bank account or credit card. The cards are stored in the app on your phone and you can use them right away or at your convenience.
Earn OUPs over the summer, too! For every month (June, July, August) you place an order of any size, you'll receive a bonus OUP to use during the school year! Bank them now for those weeks when life gets crazy and Scrip's the last thing on your mind.
Spring and Scrip are a perfect match! Think Mother's Day, graduations and graduation parties, fruit, vegetable and flower gardens, and spring sports for starts. There's Scrip for all of that! Here are a few ideas:
- Graduations - With so many gift cards to choose from, you can make your gift as unique as your graduate!
- Graduation party - Gordon Foods, Walmart, Target, and the grocery stores you love!
- Gardening - Menards, Lowe's, Walmart, Meijer, Kroger - who's got what you need?
- Spring sports - Thank you gifts for the coaches, treating the team, and feeding your brood. There's Scrip available!
Introducing Happy Moments! Just in time for Mother's Day and the end of the school year appreciation gifts, this multi-retailer card lets the recipient choose the venue. Accepted at Bed Bath and Beyond, Buffalo Wild Wings®, Cheesecake Factory, Macy's, Red Lobster, Regal, and Sephora. So fun! (Also receive Bonus Rebates until May 7th.)
$5 & $10 cards available for a limited time: Great for graduations, teacher appreciation, and pick-me-ups!
- $5 - Barnes & Noble, Panera, Starbucks, Taco Bell
- $10 - Amazon, Applebees, CVS, Olive Garden, Home Depot, IHop, Meijer, Red Lobster, Target, Walmart
NEW! You can now use Amazon.com Scrip to pay for your Amazon Prime subscription! Enjoy!
Scrip payment options:
• Cash/Check: The most familiar method of payment! You send your money to school and we send home the cards. Simple! For orders placed on the RaiseRight app, there can be a small lag as you wait for your order to be processed.
• Linked Bank Account: For the fastest and most economical, on-the-go service, you may consider the linked bank account. You can get eGift cards and reloads to your RaiseRight app or email within minutes and it's only a $0.15 fee per transaction no matter how much you spend!
• Credit Card: Get eGift cards to your email or RaiseRight app in minutes. HOWEVER, there is a 2.6% fee on the total money spent. Even though you may receive points or money back using your credit card, this can affect your earnings! Use wisely! For example, you want a Walmart or Target eGift card to use as you're checking out. The rebate for Walmart and Target is 2.24% which is less than the 2.6% fee you'll be charged for using a credit card. Will your points cover the loss? If you are shopping at T.J. Maxx (6.74%) or Old Navy (13.74%), the rebates are higher than the credit card fee. Here, combined with your credit card rewards, you may feel comfortable with using the credit card. Where the Scrip rebates are lower than the credit card fee, you may consider using a Linked Bank Account in order to maximize your earnings. Either method you use, your rebates will be the same in your Scrip account. You'll see the deficits in increased credit card fees.
Please, reach out to Amy at 414-882-1863 with any questions. I'm always willing to help!
New participating retailer: eBay! With a rebate of 2.5% eBay Scrip may be your new favorite Scrip purchase!
Thank you to all of the families who sent in Scrip orders via the orange order form and online! Now is a good time to get in to a pattern of using Scrip for your grocery, gas, and regular retail purchases (Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Amazon.com, etc.). Not familiar with Scrip or unsure how to get started? Please contact Amy or Tara for a 1:1 tutorial or visit https://www.raiseright.com/ and watch the YouTube videos found on the home page. YouTube itself has a variety of videos and tutorials regarding Scrip, if that's your preferred learning method. As Home Depot says, "You can do it! We can help!"
Remember, Scrip orders submitted by 8:30am Tuesday morning will be processed that day. Orders turned in after that time will be processed the next week.
Also, with your $50 Scrip order, your child/ren earns an OUP (out of uniform pass) to be used on Thursdays. The OUP is sent home with your Scrip order on Tuesday and your student(s) can bring it back to school on Thursday. Dressing out of uniform means wearing nice street clothes (jeans (no holes), khakis, shirts, skirts, jumpers, etc) that your child might wear to church or a nice restaurant. We frequently have families or members of the administration touring the building and we want to leave them with a good impression. Thank you for your support!
"How does SCRIP work?"
You purchase gift cards from your organization at face value, and your coordinator orders those cards at a reduced price. The difference is money for your organization. It’s really that simple!
"Where can I use SCRIP gift cards"?
When you use Scrip gift cards at your favorite retailers, you’re fundraising while you shop. We offer over 300 of the country’s biggest brands, including grocery, department stores, gas stations, restaurants, hotels, home improvement, and more. Just by using scrip to pay for your normal weekly purchases, you can easily raise $500 or more per year. It’s time to put your shopping dollars to work!
"How do I sign up"?
Fill out a Scrip Registration form and return to the school office c/o Scrip Coordinators. Then go to raiseright and register for an account. St. Bernadette School’s enrollment code is AFALDCA82228.
"How do I order and receive SCRIP"?
The easiest method is ordering online at raiseright. You may also use our paper order form. We process orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You may receive your order by picking it up at school or having it delivered home via kidmail.
"How do I get the most out of SCRIP"?
Take advantage of the online ordering using PrestoPay (checking account payment), the mobile ScripWallet, ScripNow, Reload, and ReloadNow.
Contact your Scrip Coordinators to find out how!
Earning Out of Uniform Passes for
St. Bernadette School
St. Bernadette Catholic School and the Home and School Association (H&S) offers opportunities to earn out of uniform passes for students. Passes may be earned for your student(s) by participating in the SCRIP program.
Each family that purchases $50 worth of SCRIP in a week will receive 1 out of uniform pass per child for the week.
- purchases must be made/turned in by Tuesday 8am in order to receive a pass for that week
- 1 pass given out for each child in the family; grades 1 through 5
- passes may be used on approved day only - Wednesday
- passes distributed during school year only (no passes for summer sales)
If you have any questions, please contact the SCRIP Committee at email@example.com.
Thank you for your participation, as it benefits YOUR H&S organization as well as reducing your tuition costs.